Today’s top stories in the morning papers in Korea (August 3, 2016)
1. South Korean ministries argue that the Kim Young-ran law will have a negative impact on job creation and economic stabilization. The Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries says the anti-corruption does not only negatively affect agricultural, and dairy industries including Korean beef, appeal, and ginseng but also affect restaurant business as well as job reduction.
Is this because the ministries are unable to send their gifts? Why don’t they send their gifts to nursing homes and orphanages? The ministries will receive applause if they do so.
2. Expensive Korean or Chinese restaurants plan to change their menu or reduce the price as a result of the Kim Young-ran law. Some restaurants that are concerned about weak consumer confidence already came up 30,000 won menu before implementing the anti-corruption law.
The Kim Young-Ran law changes all these. That is great!
3. The ruling Liberal Democratic Party of Japan argue that a teenage girl statue in front of Japanese embassy in Seoul should be removed. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs during regular briefing says ‘The government does not interfere with what people voluntarily do.’
What does the Korean government do? ‘Well, I don’t know.’ That’s it?
4. Despite the Japanese government’s efforts to remove ‘the teenage girl statue symbolizing the comfort women’ in front of the Japanese embassy in Seoul, there are many statues erected at home and abroad. In August alone, in which the National Liberation Day and ‘the day commemorating comfort women of Japanese army’ are included, ten more statues are expected to be erected, starting from Sydney Australia, Gunpo, Kimpo, to Muan in South Korea.
Someone must pay little attention to the issue, looking at the voluntary civil movement, right?
5. A man in his 20s was arrested for stalking a woman on the Facebook whom he fell in love with by sending more than 500 messages and visiting the woman at home and work. He was under investigation in allegation of stalking the woman for several months as she rejected him.
I have some reasons not to post my picture on the Facebook.