Round-up: Today’s top stories in the morning papers in Korea (April 19, 2016)
1. A newly married couple made a headline by using their wedding expenses and wedding money gifts to build a small school in Uganda. On their wedding day, the groom Song Ju-hyun puts his suit on while the bride, Na Eun-bi wore a simple white dress, which is 50 dollars of worth.
This is one of the beautiful news, and she wore the most beautiful wedding dress in the world.
2. China will launch a stamp featuring Park Hae-jin. Unlike some Korean stars who are just interested in filming a commercial, Park’s sincereness captured Chinese fans. Chinese media also reported that Park is considered as a star who loves China compared to some Korean entertainers who are only interested in raising their pay.
Sincerity moves heaven. This is another good news.
3. Chun Jung-bae, the joint chairman of the People’s Party, said that they will launch an investigation into eight years of deep-rooted evils during the Lee Myung-bak and Park Geun-hye administration. These include Sewol Ferry Disaster, resources diplomacy, defense industry corruption, welfare retreat, anti-terrorism law, increased taxation, Nuri curriculum budget, suppression of the press, government-initiated history textbooks, and the shutdown of Kaesong Industrial Complex.
I suddenly feel so much better. It’s not just me, right?
4. A pregnant woman who consumes the excessive amount of roasted or fried meat is more likely to have an underweight baby. The research team suggests boiled or steamed meat instead.
Meat should be roasted to get the real flavor. Pregnant women should eat steamed meat during their pregnancy.
5. A chicken restaurant in South Korea, who used Louis Vuitton, paid 10,000 dollars of fine. The name of the restaurant was ‘Louis Vui Chicken’ and ended up paying a large sum of fine.
Well, it’s something that we can’t laugh. They can consider the name as something fun. Fine is too much.
6. BBQ, the chicken restaurant chain in South Korea, came up with ‘single meal’ touched a raw nerve of netizens. According to flyers, the meal costs about 11 dollars, which is composed of half golden olive chicken, coleslaw, and a coke. There is rising criticism that the meal is ludicrously expensive compared to whole chicken, which costs 16 dollars.
Is the chicken made of gold? This is truly a Louis Vuitton chicken.